Friday, July 18, 2008

Reminiscing My High School Days

I was 14 years old when I enrolled in High School with the support of my parents and the Barangay funds. It was a more difficult challenge in my life since the distance between school and the house is far. Going to school and back home takes 1 to 2 hours of walk, a ride in a jeep, and another ride in a tricycle.

My high school life revolves in my Alma Mater(Gen. Licerio Geronimo Memorial National High School-Geronimo Rodriguez(a.k.a Montalban), Rizal). I was in section one from first year until fourth year by that time.

On my first year, I was a little bit shy but after I get to talk to my classmates, I gained confidence and that's the time I started to join the organizations in school.

I still remember when I was in my second year high school, that I joined in Citizens Army Training(C.A.T) from which I become an Corps Adjutant(S1 in our school) as my designation and a Major as rank. Corps S1 is an officer responsible in knowing the overall head count for the specific training day. I was also became a member of COLORS officer, the officers who brings Philippine flag and school flag in front of the stage.

In C.A.T, I learned many things like being a good leader and a good follower(A good leader is a good follower). I still remember that I punished myself in front of the commandant with some push ups and after that I asked an apology for being late. I still remember eating without water and the military square stroke way of eating. The funny thing in C.A.T. is the candy being passed from one person unto the last person in the group(yak how many viruses are there?).


to be continue....

No comments: